BCT Plea to Observe Trail Etiquette
A big dump of snow from Mother Nature before Christmas created a winter utopia, causing 1000’s to flock to the ever-popular trails in West Bragg Creek. Our brand-new Snow Rabbit tracked ski groomer was put to the test and was more than up to the task. Woot-woot!
The WBC parking lot was more like Chinook Mall on Boxing Day over the break with over 1,000 vehicles daily. This caused frustration for many and made us realize how important these trails are to Albertans, especially during a pandemic. Your smiles and thank-yous meant a lot to us.
With increased trail usage, new challenges have arisen. Disregard for trail etiquette and improper use of trails have caused significant damage to the trail system. Walkers, skinny tires, and horses on groomed trails were the biggest causes of trail damage. Such damage diminishes user experience and contributes to unsafe trail surfaces. We attempt to repair damage, if possible, but please be aware that this work is done using precious donated funds and volunteer time.
Thus, BCT reminds all users to be informed by observing:
- Signage at the trailheads;
- Etiquette and Rules on our Trail Etiquette Page at braggcreektrails.org/trail-etiquette/;
- Detailed Maps at braggcreektrails.org/ trail-maps/ for activity-specific trails designations;
- Trail use advice, from any of our Trails Hosts Volunteers (braggcreektrails.org/contact-us/contact-trail-hosts/) in easily identifiable yellow vests;
Please help us protect and preserve our trails!
- FOLLOW TRAIL ETIQUETTE AND TRAIL DESIGNATIONS/SIGNAGE POSTED AT ALL TIMES!
- DO NOT WALK, BIKE, SNOWSHOE, OR HORSEBACK RIDE ON SKI TRAILS!
Thank you to all who support our great trails!
Let’s Get Grooming!
Bragg Creek Trails was at a crossroads where growth and expectation were overwhelming our current resources. The purchase of a small Snow Rabbit alleviated the pressure on our existing equipment and manpower, resulting in more streamlined operations. We are so delighted to have been blessed by the generosity of all the donors that made this purchase possible, with special shoutout to the Frischkorn Family Foundation.